Friday, May 27, 2022

Winding Stream Trail PT4: An Old Friend From Way Back When

After nearly three year's of living at Winding Stream Trail and over time, becoming more of a stranger in my own life, I decided it was time to make a change. A drastic and life changing one. I figured if I was going to endure everything alone then I might as well be alone. I left the life I had been building for the last decade behind. I divorced my first husband, I left him the house and most of the contents within it. I really didn't care that I would have to start over and rebuild my life from scratch. In a way, that is what I wanted. When I left Winding Stream Trail the activity seemed to die down a lot around me. After a little while I boiled it down to something to do with the house itself. For the first month or so, after I left, my life was a bit hectic. I wound up moving in with my God-Sister (we will call her L.F.) for a short time. Her Mother (we will call her R.H.) basically had a big helping hand in raising me since I was born, her and my Mother were very close friend's, and I looked at R.H. very much like a second Mother growing up until her passing when I was thirteen. So in turn, I looked at L.F. like a sister. It felt strange being back in that house again after fifteen years. The whole house had been gutted and sat mostly barren apart from what furniture and belonging's L.F. had in her bedroom. It was an empty shell of what it once was and it didn't feel like the warm and welcoming home it once did so long ago. 

It was an old shotgun house and it had two bedrooms and two bathroom's, a kitchen and a living room. When I moved in with L.F. I moved into R.H.'s old bedroom. I could still remember how the bedroom used to be set up all those year's ago as a little girl, when she was still alive. There were so many good memories tied to that house for me, it made me really sad to see the life and warth had all but completely drained from it. L.F. had fallen on really hard times after R.H. passed away and over time had to sell her and her Mother's possession's both to keep herself and the house afloat. At the time I could tell L.F. was really happy I was there, right away she started referring to it as our home. It made me feel really welcomed and comforted me to know that I could breathe and relax for a little while. The stress from the drastic and unplanned big life change was definitely taking it's toll on me. I was dropping in weight drastically and was suffering from really bad migraines as well as body aches and sometimes, severe pain. To which at times could be really debilitating. 

After at least a dozen or so doctor visit's and countless prescription medication's being prescribed to help manage pain, I still had no answer's as to what was really going on with me. I felt that because I was so young (26 at the time) doctor's weren't taking me nowhere near seriously enough. I didn't have medical insurance, so every visit and every prescription was paid for in it's entirety directly out of my own pocket. A few times, medication they prescribed to me would be way too expensive for me to afford (Upward's of $250 a bottle). I couldn't keep doing this so I eventually just accepted that whatever was going on, I was going to have to deal with on my own and do my best to help myself manage. 

One night, not long after I moved in with L.F., I was invited out to a house party by a friend of mine at the time (K.F.). It was just going to be a small gathering of people nothing too wild and crazy. I usually wasn't one to indulge in social gathering's but I felt like it might do me some good to get out and have a little bit of fun for a change. Give myself a break from the stresses of every day life. I rode in his car with K.F. to the party that night, his friend's house (Z.A.) was located in a very posh looking neighborhood. The houses were absolutely massive, mansion's by my own personal standard's. When we arrived and pulled into Z.A.'s driveway his house was no different, it was also massively gorgeous. K.F. and I got out of his car, grabbing bags of food and alcohol we had brought along for the party and made our way up the steps to the front door and gave it a knock. You could hear music blaring on a stereo from inside of the house as you approached the front door. At first K.F. and I just looked at each other and wondered if they would be able to hear us knocking over the loud music playing but after a few second's Z.A. opened the front door to let us in. 

As we entered the smell of marijuana smoke was heavy in the air and though the dowstairs area was pretty much void of anyone, you could hear people walking and talking upstairs. That was obviously where the party was taking place. We took a few minutes to unpack our bags of food and stuff we had brought with us and spent a few minutes socializing with Z.A. before he decided to lead us upstairs with the rest of the crew. As he lead us through his minuature maze of a mansion, we came to a big bedroom with only a few pieces of furniture in it and connected was a bathroom that was about the size of the bedroom itself. When we entered the bathroom we were greeted by Z.A's wife and about 4 or 5 more of their friend's, all gathered around talking and passing joint's around to each other. This was obviously where the extremely dank smell of marijuana smoke was coming from. We found our spots amongst the circle and joined in to partake. Up until this point I had smoked marijuana maybe twice in my whole life so even though I wasn't particularly new to the experience, I was definitely a light weight. Especially when there was multiple joint's being passed around the room at once. We all sat in there for about half an hour to forty-five minutes just chilling out conversating and smoking before we decided to go outside to catch some fresh air. 

Since we had been drinking and smoking Z.A and his wife offered for us both to spend the night at their house. It's better to be safe than sorry so we both decided to take them up on their offer and stay the night. Neither one of us had work or any real plans the next day. After about another hour or so I was extremely baked and more than a bit tipsy from drinking on top of it. It's not something I did often so I wasn't really aware of my own limitations. I eventually excused myself from the rest of the group and went downstairs to lay down on their couch in the living room. It was warm and cozy and dimly lit. Next to the couch was a fireplace which was lit and above it was a TV that was switched on but was muted, so there was no noise in the room. It didn't take long before I eventually drifted off to sleep, I was beyond exhausted and my body felt heavy. I had definitely overdone it a bit but thankfully not to the point to where I made myself sick. 

I am not sure how long I had been asleep for before I woke up again not able to move. I instantly thought to myself "Oh no. Please, tell me this is not happening. Not again." I laid there unable to move but with a little effort and determination I was able to squint my eyes open enough to see the room around me. I could still hear the crackling from the fireplace, though the TV no longer appeared to be on, I could see on the couch across from me that K.F. was fast asleep. To my knowledge everyone now appeared to be asleep in bed. The house was quiet and pretty dark. Then instantly, my attention went to the window next to the couch I was sleeping on, which was directly next to my head. Standing in front of the window next to the fireplace stood a shadow figure. My heart sank and started to pound "You have to be fucking kidding me?" It was just standing there, still as ever, appearing to just observe me. As I stared at it for a moment it looked oddly familiar to me as if I had seen it before. Then it hit me like a ton of bricks. It looked like the same exact shadow spirit that I saw through the mirror of my bathroom back in 2011. The same one I saw while I was wide awake five year's prior. It's as if it realized I had made this connection somehow and then something that has never happened before, happened. This shadow figure that was now standing before me observing me went a step further. It literally spoke to me and said "You are going to regret what you did." This memory has stuck with me for a long time and I didn't know wether to take it as a threat or as a warning to be careful. At this point I knew for sure that it wasn't just the house at Winding Stream Trail. Whatever or whoever this was has been following me for much longer and by the look's of it, had no intention's of leaving. No matter where I went. It would surely follow.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Divining - The Tie That Binds.

I used to have this recurring dream after my Godmother (R.H.) passed away when I was thirteen. In the dream, I would always wake up in her b...