Saturday, May 7, 2022

Sleep Paralysis

 After my Mom passed away when I was twenty-one and I started having paranormal experiences more frequently, I also began to have episodes known as sleep paralysis. I would say it wasn't longer than a month or two after she passed away that these episodes began to happen but what's really strange is HOW they started happening. 

One afternoon in the summer months (August - September time, my Mom passed in July) my sister and I decided to go out and have some lunch together at the local Zaxby's in town. My sister and I were pretty close and we felt comfortable enough to talk to each other about the strange thing's that had been happening to us both without fear of judgement. Before this lunch date with my sister, I had never before heard of the term sleep paralysis and honestly had no idea what it was. My sister asked me if I had ever had sleep paralysis before, my answer was obviously no but with my curious brain I asked her what it was? She explained to me that basically when you are falling asleep or waking up that your mind wakes before your body does. 

She went on to describe to me that when she has an episode she can't move her body because it feels heavy as if someone is laying on top of her. She goes on to say she is also unable to speak but usually is able to open her eyes if she so chooses. Sometimes she would even see shadow figures around her. She shared that on top of having these bouts of sleep paralysis she was also having instances where her name was being called out by a disembodied voice while she was awake. To be honest I didn't know what to think about everything we shared with one another, I chalked it up to stress and still being in the mourning stages of loss on both of our parts. 

This is where sh*t get's REALLY interesting. A few short days had passed and by a few, I literally mean a day or two. Keep in mind, after the conversation I had with my sister, I was still skeptical about the thing's happening to us. One night I woke up hungry in the middle of the AM's, I had gone to work earlier that night and brought home some ice cream. Everyone else in the house was asleep so I decided to get up out of bed and grogilly make my way to the fridge where I indulged in my DQ blizzard (probably Butterfinger knowing me) and went straight back to bed afterwards. 

I don't know how much time passed from the time I layed back down until I woke up unable to move. I remember the sounds of 100+ voices talking all around me in a whisper but I couldn't make out a single word any one of them were saying. I couldn't move my body and even though I felt like I could, I didn't open my eyes. My body felt so heavy like there was this invisible force holding me down, I couldn't move at all. I remember thinking to myself "What the f*ck is going on?" I layed there for a few seconds even though I was scared sh*tless, I was trying to see if I could make out what these voices around me were saying but honestly it was impossible. I refused to open my eyes, I consider myself brave and logical, but in that moment all logic went out the window. 

I did the only thing I could think to do, after a few seconds of listening to these voices talking all around me, I just told myself to go back to sleep over and over again in my own head. Eventually after saying that a few times, I did. I fell to sleep with no problems. When I woke up the next day it all came rushing back to me, I remembered everything, the heaviness, the voices. In a twisted fate of irony I just simply said to myself "So, that was Sleep Paralysis." I know this is going to sound crazy but I feel like something had overheard my sister and I talking that day at lunch. I don't know if it is a spirit, ghost, demon, interdimensional being, I can only speculate. But something intelligent, something able to observe and interact made contact with me that night. If you haven't already read my blog entry titled "I could see it through the mirror" I would suggest giving it a read. Eventually, after some time, what I believe to be this same being, made contact with me in a visable and conscious manner. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Divining - The Tie That Binds.

I used to have this recurring dream after my Godmother (R.H.) passed away when I was thirteen. In the dream, I would always wake up in her b...