Saturday, May 7, 2022

I could see it through the mirror...

I'd like to start off by saying that I've had loads of experiences throughout my lifetime but the one I am about to share with you is THE ONE that stands out above all the rest.

The year was 2011 and it was my twenty-first birthday. I don't remember much from earlier in the day, all I can remember is my boyfriend (at the time) and myself went to my parents house to see them and spend time with them for my birthday. During my visit with my parents I noticed that my Mother seemed really off. The facial expression she carried seemed far away, like her mind was elsewhere but her body was there. I do need to point out that my Mother and I were extremely close, she was literally my rock, THE most important person to me in my life.

I remember being there for a few hours, we had cake and ice cream and took a few pictures. I didn't know it then but eventually I'd come to the realization that, that would be the last picture I would ever get to take with her. I remember getting ready to leave and kissing her and hugging her goodbye, the last words she ever spoke to me was: "I love you and I will see you tomorrow." But sadly, before tomorrow came she passed away in the middle of the night due to a brain aneurysm. I would later discover (a year or so later) that she was aware that she was terminally ill and fought her battle in, mostly, silence and alone. Only choosing to tell her Mother (who has also passed in recent years, since.)

Fast forward about 3 months after she passed, up until this point I have had a few bizarre and otherworldly experiences but this one takes the cake.

My partner and my roommates all worked at the same place, so they worked the same hours and I was the oddball out. I worked second shift for a local restaurant and wasn't expected to be at work until 4:00pm on this particular day.

I am asleep in bed when I am woken up by my alarm clock, the time is around 2:00pm. I wake up and roll over to hit the snooze button and turn back over to fall back to sleep. When I turn over and close my eyes to drift back off to sleep I am startled by the feeling of someone's hand nudging me softly on my arm through my blankets. Naturally, I was instantly terrified. I knew I was home alone and what was happening to me right then should not be happening, it wasn't logical. I remember feeling the heat from fear rise in my cheeks. I couldn't move, I thought that if I just laid there and ignored it, it would go away, but oh, how wrong I was...it just kept nudging me. So I gathered the strength and willpower to sit up in my bed and see what it was but when I did, nothing was there. I don't know what possessed me to look but my eyes shot directly to the mirror in the bathroom. My partner and I stayed in the master bedroom of the house which means we also have a bathroom attached to our bedroom. The way my room was set up you could easily see into the bathroom.

As my eyes locked onto the bathroom mirror, I could see perfectly, a dark shadow figure slowing (what looked like levitating) make its way across my mirror. As if it knew the only way I could see it was by looking through the mirror. When I saw it, it's as if all time stopped. I couldn't believe what was happening to me, I couldn't believe what I was seeing. And most of all I couldn't believe I was deliberately being made contact with my something I didn't understand at all. Whoever or whatever this was wanted my attention, and it wanted me to know it was there.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Divining - The Tie That Binds.

I used to have this recurring dream after my Godmother (R.H.) passed away when I was thirteen. In the dream, I would always wake up in her b...